Find an Expert is our expert consultancy service that accords with the Ministry of Justice disbursement fees to locate a suitable expert for a legal aid case (as per Legal Aid Services Grants Handbook).
The service can also be used by any lawyer who would like assistance to locate a suitable expert.
We can also assist with completion of the Form 50 in accordance with the Ministry of Justice’s requirements.
How it works
- Complete the form and press Send.
- We assess the documents and send you an invoice for either the Level A service ( NZ based experts) or the Level B service (overseas experts due to uncommon skills/expertise).
- Once payment is received, we send you contact details for potential experts and, depending on the case, may suggest what other experts you could consider.
- Some cases require experts who are more difficult to source. These will not be available through Find An Expert and can be managed through the amendment to grant process, as indicated by the Ministry of Justice.
- Once we receive the initial enquiry we will advise into which category a particular case falls before any fee is incurred.
What to do
- Complete the form below.
- Attach the following documents to the form:
- Police Summary of Facts.
- Experts’ statements that you want considered.
- Press Send.
Please contact us or by phone: 0800 88 88 26