The Forensic Group has established a specialist service with a top quality independent forensic laboratory, not based in the USA, for cases where the following circumstances apply:
- Month-by-month results are required.
- Court ordered testing where more than a bulk sample result is required: we do not do single hair sample testing where a single result represents three months or six months of time.
- A drug beyond the usual drugs of abuse is involved.
- More detailed interpretation is required regarding the effects of hair dye, hair bleach, cleaning products.
- More detailed interpretation is required, taking into account the effects of hair growth, hair location (areas other than the head), environmental conditions and their effects.
- The samples are from children; hair growth rates are different in children.
- The case is a serious criminal charge such as murder, Drug Facilitated Sexual Assault (DFSA, better know as “date rape” using “date rape drugs”), rape or sexual assault.
Forensic hair analysis generally involves cases where the drug history of an individual is required. The hair analysis has to be undertaken by a specialist forensic toxicologist and the test is sometimes referred to as a “hair follicle test”. Hair samples can be analysed with detection of specific drugs in mind. Different cases require analysis for different drugs and different laboratories can detect different substances.
Contact Us to discuss your specific case.