Need Expert Witness or Forensic Science advice?
Making Sense of Science
Thanks to ‘The CSI effect’, Forensic Scientists are now perceived as crime-solving sleuths producing slam-dunk evidence and tidy endings all in a day’s work. The reality is far more serious and the potential power of science in the court room should never be underestimated. If science is to be used in the court room it should be fully, fairly, accurately and transparently reported in accordance with international standards and with recognition of its limitations.
The Forensic Group takes science seriously and has the knowledge, experience and leadership to provide quantifiable results using internationally-recognised techniques. Our main service areas include:
- Complex case management including case assessment and advice, review of all issues affecting the collection of scientific samples and interpretation of results – such cases include Royal Prerogative of Mercy applications, Court of Appeal and High Court cases
- Independent review of scientific reports for all courts
- Access to experts with internationally recognised abilities
- Investigations required for case assessment through our working relationships with professional licensed investigators (in accordance with the NZ Private Security Personnel and Private Investigators Act 2010)
- Original work such as testing, examination, analysis of samples, scene examination, drink driving / blood / breath alcohol calculations
- Access to specialist skills including forensic palynology (pollen analysis) either as part of an environmental case assessment or in isolation
- Re-examinations of items and scenes
- Analytical services (e.g. blood, hair, clothing, scene samples)
- Expert Witness and Forensic Scientist advice, Criminal, Civil, Family, Youth Courts, insurance, general forensic science, forensic science projects, training
What sets us ahead of the rest?
We aim to provide the most comprehensive independent forensic science consultancy to New Zealand and beyond using our working relationships with companies around the world.
All experts and consultants of The Forensic Group are fully trained and qualified with many years of experience in forensic science. We prepare our reports to a high standard with the NZ High Court Code of Conduct for Expert Witnesses as the minimum baseline. We understand the importance of clarity and endeavour to make seemingly complex issues understandable to lay audiences.
We don’t charge from the minute you start talking to us – we only charge for work that is agreed by our clients in advance of the work being done. Contact Us today to discover what science can mean for you.