New postal address from 18 November 2016:
PO Box 80251
Need Expert Witness or Forensic Science advice?
Making Sense of Science
The Forensic Group Ltd is an independent forensic science consultancy based in New Zealand. We work on the critical principle that expert evidence should be fully, fairly, accurately and transparently reported in accordance with international standards and with recognition of its limitations. First and foremost, the duty of the expert is to the court.
Our services include:
- Independent review and assessment of expert witness findings and reports for criminal defence lawyers, Public Defence Service, insurance companies, enforcement agencies and private individuals
- Interpretation and assessment of results, advice about the meaning of expert witness findings in any given case in light of all parties’ accounts of events
- Sourcing of expert witnesses and investigators across a comprehensive range of expertise from our national and international networks
- Free initial cost estimates. We only charge for work that is agreed by clients in advance of work being done
- Legal Aid cases including High Cost Cases. Full cost estimates provided in accordance with Legal Aid’s requirements
- Original work such as testing, examination, analysis of samples, scene examination, drink driving/blood/breath alcohol calculations
- Re-examinations of items and scenes
- Analytical services (e.g. blood, hair follicle testing, clothing, scene samples)
- Services provided for all courts including District, High, Family, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, Privy Council and Royal Prerogative of Mercy applications.
- Expert Witness and Forensic Scientist advice, Criminal, Civil, Family, Youth Courts, insurance, general forensic science, forensic science projects, training
What sets us ahead of the rest?
We aim to provide the most comprehensive independent forensic science consultancy to New Zealand and beyond using our national and international working relationships and networks.
All experts and consultants of The Forensic Group are fully trained and qualified with many years’ experience in expert witness work and case investigation. We prepare our reports to a high standard with the NZ High Court Code of Conduct for Expert Witnesses as the minimum baseline. We understand the importance of clarity and endeavour to make seemingly complex issues understandable to lay audiences.
Contact Us today to discuss case issues and queries.